The nightlife in Prague was really neat. We went to two clubs, one of which Mick Jagger has spent time at. If it's good enough for Mick, it's good enough for me. The second club was the largest club in central Europe--or at least the sign said so. It was six stories with different music on each floor. I was finally able to hear some rock. Overall the party aspect of Prague was really fun.
However, the trip was not without snafus...six of us got fined 700 crown (20 euro) for not having validated tram tickets. Balls in my face. My friend Lily refused to pay and it was pretty easy to tell that the ticket checkers were calling her a bitch in Czech. She was a baller though.
Anyway, the best part of the trip was going to a church just outside of Prague. It is decorated with human remains to commemorate the deaths from the plague. It was oddly beautiful and probably the coolest thing I've seen so far. There were 40,000 full skeletons throughout the church...creepy.
I got back on Monday afternoon because that was still a holiday and now I have a super busy week. Opera tonight, play tomorrow, opera Friday, symphony Saturday, soccer game Sunday. I'm calling it my patron of the arts week. More details to follow...
Ellen
No comments:
Post a Comment